Business Web Design
We all know when we have used great products.
They just work.
At Handbuilt this is how we aim to develop web applications – with a focus on design, functionality, usability and ultimately user experience, or UX for short.
This doesn’t mean we are only focused on design. We are just as passionate about ingenious and sophisticated online development – indeed we have won international recognition because we combine great design with innovative functionality. In our opinion they must exist side by side for a truly great product.
Our internal brief for the Tune In Not Out initiative was to design and develop a website which grabbed the attention of teenagers by making the health related content irresistible and engaging.
Naturally we designed the site around video, and the site has received numerous industry awards across design, marketing, healthcare and business.
However, we are most proud of the powerful business management software we developed which makes the management of this site a breeze - just one part-time person runs the entire site.
Say “hello” to productivity.
- Business web design
- Concept design
- User Experience / UX design
- User interface design
- Interaction design
- iPad + iPhone / iOS design
- Commercial offset print preparation
- Packaging design
- Product design
- Branding + iconic devices
- Style guidelines development
- Custom web development
- Online portals + intranets
- Online Communities
- Interactive front-end development (jQuery/HTML/CSS)
- Tailored online business management systems
- Customised content management systems (CMS)
- Development for W3C accessibility conformance
- Cloud based product / service development
- iOS app development (iPad + iPhone)
- Mobile application development
- Cloud environments (Amazon AWS)
- Software as a Service (SAAS)
Digital Business Services
- Digital Asset Management
- Custom business management systems
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Intelligence gathering
- Cloud environment planning (Amazon AWS)
- Cloud deployment strategies
- Trend reporting
- Reporting + strategic analysis
- Feasibility studies
- Emerging technology reviews
- Customer profiling
- Change management
- Disaster Recovery systems
- Brand Strategies
- Integrated marketing strategies (online + offline)
- Cloud strategies (public + private)
- Communication strategies
- Product conception + brainstorming
- Software architecture planning
- Action Planning
- Software specifications
- Succession planning + exit strategies
- Disaster Recovery planning
Standards & Evaluation
- Web development standards
- W3C Accessibility standards
- W3C Accessibility audits + compliance
- Usability auditing
- Quality management
- Open source standards
- Statistical analysis + interpretation
- Website statistic + performance reviews
Care & Support
- Design consultancy
- Brand Management consultancy
- Marketing consultancy
- SEM consultancy (Search Engine Marketing)
- SEO consultancy (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Business mentoring
- Fully managed web hosting
- Software training
- Content creation
Corporate Website Design
By careful specification, design and (only) then the most effective development we can ensure the best business outcomes. Our approach centres around a visually rich user interface which allows the eye to instantly skim and understand prioritised core business areas & goals.
Functionality should only be added to enhance – not clutter and confuse, and our “Hierarchical Content” site planning prevents information overload by maintaining levels of engagement through the staged release of more detailed content as the user requests it.
Our specially developed business centric software aims to solve real world hurdles by providing internal staff tools which improve productivity through HR efficiency gains, and our strong use of powerful, high quality imagery always makes sure your brand is represented on message and in the best possible light.
Web App Development
Custom online application development must start with careful interpretation and innovative extension of our client’s brief to identify the purist requirements and goals the application must have. This level of clarity allows comprehensive internal discussion and brainstorming to debate the best technologies to use and design approach to take.
Pulling on our experience in brand management allows us to think of the application in a holistic, full brand approach, which offers consistent messaging and style – and ultimately more confidence to the user.
Thorough post-launch strategies can be offered for effective assessment of performance, which in turn support phased development and ensure you are not left on your own.